adynamo

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Some thoughts

Hi girls,

sorry for not being there.
Unfortunately, I don’t know why but from home I can’t access academic papers as I would like to, therefore so far I don’t have an exact idea on what is the state-of-the-art technology.


Anyway, give a look here for some ideas:
http://enabledbydesign.org/items

and here to see what's already available
http://www.fastuk.org/atforumactivities/informationavailability.php


As said, I am researching on problems of the Deaf Community, whose emancipation has been already largely helped by texts, email and screen-based devices.

There are still situations of difficulty which are often resolved in the private environment (e.g., a light signalling a call at the door or on the telephone) but cannot be always translated in public context (e.g., announcements by tannoy at the airport).


Whatever the technology we decide to design, I also suggest to try and keep on working on our tangible interface, if possible. This will give consistency to our work and we know, more or less, what can be really feasible or not.
(On the other side, we already know that anything serious is not of immediate realisation, although I am sure that to professionals working on our design it shouldn’t take long to achieve some results).

I'll wait for the outcomes of the meeting

Andrea

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes,i think the dispenser machine is good idea and are will using video for our presentation or whatmaybe reall life senerio,i don;t no for now