adynamo

Wednesday 15 May 2013

LISTEN: Kelly Rowland sings about Beyonce jealousy in new song



It can’t be easy living in the shadow of Beyonce, but little sister Solange manages it quite well. However, Kelly Rowland doesn’t quite have the same knack of letting Bey’s superstardom wash over her.
But at least she admits it in her new song, Dirty Laundry. In the first verse of the piano-heavy slowjam, she explains some of the jealous rage she felt while performing with Beyonce.
 “When my sister was on stage killing it like a mother/ I was enraged filling the air like a mother/Bird in a cage/You would never know what I was dealing with/We went our separate ways/But I was happy she was killing it”
And then the comments continue into the second chorus:“Bittersweet, she was up, I was down. And all life I feel good for her but what do I do now.”
Kelly sort of explains that she was very down after Survivor came out – when her solo career didn’t get the same sort of attention Beyonce’s was getting:




“Forget the records, off the record I was going through some bulls***. Post-Survivor, she on fire, who wanna hear my bulls***. “ Then she hints at an abusive relationship with the line: “Meanwhile this … putting his hands on me/Swear y’all don’t know the half of this industry”
Yikes! We wonder what Beyonce’s going to make out of all of this.
And, we suppose, the elephant in the room is…if Kelly was feeling this torn up about Beyonce’s success then how terrible must Michelle Williams have felt!?

No comments: